MIG / MAG Welding
Are you looking for specialists who can do MIG and MAG welding? Then you have come to the right place at VDL Belgium. We have many years of experience in the field of welding, among other things, and we deliver high-quality welding.
What is MIG/MAG welding?
MIG stands for Metal Inert Gas. MAG stands for Metal Active Gas. This is a widely used welding technique that we use on steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
The difference between MIG and MAG welding
MIG and MAG welding are very similar, which is why it is also called MIG/MAG welding. The difference, however, lies in the type of gas used. Inert gas or active gas. The active gas (MAG) is cheaper than an inert gas (MIG).
The benefits of MIG/MAG Welding
- Little heat input, which prevents metal deformation
- Small chance of entrapment when the weld is laid in a trailing manner
- High welding speed
- Good protection against oxidation
- Applicable in all welding positions
- Very good welding quality
- High production speed
- Even higher production speeds are possible by using a welding robot
- It can be a cheap welding method when welding with CO2
- When using CO2 (MAG) a cheaper welding method
Applications Mig/Mag welding
MIG/MAG welding is one of the most commonly used welding techniques. This welding technique has very diverse applications and can be performed manually, semi-automatically or completely by a welding robot. The high productivity is the reason that it is one of the most used welding techniques in the production environment.